Shred Betties
Photo of the Day
Rephreshed Wants You!

Good to go... or not?

Posted by Rephreshed On 1:50 AM

So as stated in the first entry on this blog, I've been training for some 5k races in the spring. After 2 bouts of th colds and finally getting into a routine, it seems like my training has to come to a halt.


I've been completing the Couch to 5k program which is an 8 week training program designed to get someone from never running to running a 5k in that period of time. Sounds like a great plan, huh? The first 3 weeks were a breeze and I never felt better. I had it all planned out.. Train for some 5k's and get my lungs and legs back in shape for snowboarding. No one told me how terrible shin splints would be though!!






I made it through the first day of week 4 of the program and felt like my legs were going to break. Not fun when you have an 18 month old to chase after. After speaking to a doctor at work, I have been instructed to lay off the running and concentrate on icing, elevating, and compacting my shins so I can avoid the possibility of shin fractures. BOO!!!! Ofcourse, being the stubborn person that I am, I'm thinking I'll still hit the gym and do a couple miles on a bike and do some weight training. It's really putting a damper on things!!


Talk about an ego crusher :-(


On a lighter note, I'm really excited about this weekend!!! I'm hitting up the Ski & Snowboard Expo in Albany, NY Saturday with my father-in-law for a couple hours and get some info together for ShredBetties. Can't wait!!! If you're going to be there. make sure you keep an eye out. We can chit chat!


AND!!! Their are officially 21 days until the start of my snowboard season. Thinking about hitting up Gore the weekend after Thanksgiving.. we shall see!!

0 comments

Post a Comment