Shred Betties
Photo of the Day
Rephreshed Wants You!

Jiminy Peak 3/12/10

Posted by Rephreshed On 1:49 AM

I headed up to Jiminy Peak on Friday with a co-worker who wanted to try snowboarding for the first time. We headed out around noon and realized when we got there that we forgot lunch back at my place. Oops! I meant to feed her, I swear!


When we got to the mountain, their weren't a lot of people there which was nice. I got Katie all set up with the GET Snowboarding program and sent her on her way for an hour and a half lesson. I headed out to do some runs by myself and had such a blast. I'm usually a baby when it comes to venturing off on my own but was really proud of myself for doing so. I went down one of the longest runs at the mountain and didn't fall so that was priceless.


After Katie's lesson we headed inside for some Chewy Granola Bars and something to drink before taking a few more runs. The face of the mountain had some dirt showing through so Katie ended up staying on the learning hill since she obviously hadn't gotten her turning down yet.


I definitely got my carving in control which I was super stoked about. There's no better feeling then having everything you've been working on for a full season finally click. It was an epic day and definitely one for the history books.




Note: When I can find my camera cable, I'm going to back post pics from this day so check back!

0 comments

Post a Comment