Shred Betties
Photo of the Day
Rephreshed Wants You!

West Mountain 3/15/10

Posted by Rephreshed On 2:02 AM

Monday morning after a long night at work my husband and I headed up to West Mountain to use some free passes we had before all the snow melted. We ended up getting on the second and third chairs which was super sweet.


They only had two trails open: a black diamond and a green/blue. The view from the top was amazing, especially to me since it was my first time up there. The trails were a bit icy our first run so I decided to stick to the lower mountain until the snow softened up.


I think there were a total of 12 people there all morning which was super nice even though we ended up leaving 3 hours after we got there. I decided to go back up to the top with my husband and do a run since I was hoping the snow would be softer at that point, and it was! The beginning of the run was wicked fun and I was really amped until I fell, for no real reason. I got back up and was angry that I fell and charged my turns to aggressively and ended up falling hard on my left knee. And I mean HARD!!


I'm not going to lie, I cried like a baby! I made my way down to my husband though and told him what happened so we took our time getting down to the lodge. My knee was so swollen that it hurt to walk so we decided to end the day. I'm so disappointed because the snow was starting to get so nice, definitely one of the best snow conditions of the season and I went and hurt myself.


I did the same thing last season at Jiminy Peak, except I ended up tearing some ligaments in my thumb, so I'm starting to think that spring boarding hates me! We're planning on going to Stratton on Saturday for the US Open so I'm hoping I can get my knee is a somewhat better state so I can actually enjoy myself. We might stay over night into Sunday and enjoy a day of shredding so I hope I can heal by then. I'm going to be so bummed if I end the season on an injury!

0 comments

Post a Comment