Shred Betties
Photo of the Day
Rephreshed Wants You!

Reflection: Christina Johnson

Posted by Rephreshed On 1:39 AM

As stated in a previous entry, I am doing a series of reflection interviews involving myself, other snowboarders, and snowboard companies. This weeks installment, and the first Reflection article is going to about the season I have had to this point. Take a look!


Who were you most influenced by this season?


It's hard to name just one person who has influenced me. I have been exposed to so many people that have opened my eyes to the in's and out's of the sport. If I had to name a few they would be Avran over an AngrySnowboarder.com, Kelly from Shredbetties.com, and my husband, and definitely riders such as Erika Vikander, Louie Vito, and Lindsey Jacobellis.




What was your greatest achievement this season?


On mountain: getting my turns dialed in and finally not being afraid to catch some speed!
Off mountain: getting this blog going and making into something more than I expected it to be


Where was your most favorite place to shred this season?


Jiminy Peak, for sure! I tore some ligaments in my thumb their last year and was a little nervous about going back this year. It actually ended up being the place where I progressed the most.




When did you feel your best shredding this season?


I think I felt my best this season between February and March. I was progressing so much each time I went out and had a lot of fun every time.




Why was this season important to you?


This season was important to me because I was able to prove to myself that I can have a family, a full time job, and a hobby and not be stressed out. I fell even more in love with a sport and met a lot of awesome people. I was also able to push through my fear which is something that has crippled me in the past.




How do you think your season turned out, after all is said and done?


I think this season was an amazing season. Aside from ending this season with an injury, it was still an experience I'll never forget. It's kind of sad seeing it come to an end and having the warm weather creap back in. The season ending makes me so much more stoked for next season. I'm really happy with where I've come with my writing as well. I have some awesome changes coming to the site which I'm really looking forward to as well.

0 comments

Post a Comment